Choose the Wellness and Preventative Care Plan That Works Best for You and Your Pet
Introducing the Paws4Wellness Program
At Grafton Animal Hospital, we offer all the services needed to improve and maintain your pet’s well-being. From vaccination and lab testing to dentistry and behavioral training, we can help your pet live a healthy and happy life. Our hospital offers comprehensive wellness plans to our clients for cats and dogs of all ages. Pets age much faster than we do, making it all that much more important that every year is a great year. Pets cannot tell us when something is wrong – the best we can do is help prevent health issues. Whether a new puppy or kitten, an active adult or beloved pet in their senior years, a wellness plan is right for every pet, at every age.
Our Paws4wellness program can be tailored to your pet's unique needs whether you have a:
- Adult pet
- Senior pet
We have designed our Paws4Wellness program to include key examinations, vaccinations and the most comprehensive preventive care and early disease detection. The preventive care your pet needs. A friendly monthly payment for you.
Vaccinating your pet is a simple way to protect them from many types of disease.
At Grafton Animal Hospital, we offer:
- Rabies vaccines: First vaccine between 12 and 16 weeks of age followed by booster one year later and every three years after that.
- DHPP and DRC (Distemper combination): Every three weeks from 6 to over 14 weeks of age (for dogs) or 16 weeks of age (for cats). Initially two vaccines, three weeks apart if started between 14 and 16 weeks. Two vaccines are needed for cats over 16 weeks of age, a booster vaccine one year later then every three years after that.
- Bordetella: Every six months if pet ever leaves the owner’s property or is exposed to any other dogs. First vaccine is boosted three weeks later if given before nine weeks of age.
- Lyme: If pet walks in woods or is otherwise picking up ticks. Initially a series of two vaccines, three weeks apart, started when over 12 weeks of age and boosted every 12 months.
- Feline Leukemia (FeLv): If pet goes outdoors or is exposed to other cats of questionable FeLV status. Initially two vaccines, three weeks apart, started over 12 weeks of age and boosted annually. Cat should be FeLv tested first. All kittens should be vaccinated if under one year of age then assessed for risk one year later.
We perform reliable lab testing in our in-house laboratory. Results are often available within hours of testing.
Grafton Animal Hospital offers:
- Intestinal parasite exams: At least two during pediatric visits, usually on first and last visit, then annually.
- Heartworm test/tick screening: Before starting heartworm prevention if over six months old, or if the pet has been off of prevention for more than two months (not required in cats). Recommended annually for prevention. This test also screens for three tick-borne diseases: Lyme disease, anaplasmosis, and ehrlichiosis.
- Wellness blood panel: Annually if less than seven years old, every six months if over seven or if on certain medications.
- Urinalysis: Same as above, ideally at the same time as the blood panel.
Parasites can wreak havoc on your pet’s health. We recommend investing in routine parasite control treatments to ensure that your pet remains parasite-free day in and day out.
- Deworming: Recommended at each pediatric visit, at least two when a juvenile, then annually.
- Heartworm prevention: Every month year-round for dogs, cats, and ferrets.
- Flea and tick control: Prevention is strongly recommended each month for dogs, cats, and some small exotic mammals.
Why the Paws4Wellness plan might be right for you:
- Necessary Preventative Care: These plans provide the necessary care your pet needs at every stage of life
- Cost Effective: Save by spreading the cost of preventative care across 12 months
- Happier and Healthier Pets: These plans include exams, vaccinations and aid in early disease detection
Choose the best wellness and prevention plan that works best for you and your pet.
Fully Equipped and Prepared for Your Pet's Needs
Our hospital is a 6,000 sq ft facility with a large kennel, grooming room, treatment area, and more to best serve our patients.
High-Quality Care Tailored to Each Patient
We value the human-animal bond and strive to provide premium, loving care for your pet's unique needs.
Monthly Continuing Education for All Staff Members
We believe that education is the key to preventing illness and shortening the recovery time for your pet's ailments.
“He loved staying at the kennel”- Junes Wedd
“Truly a remarkable place!”- Gina
“He is happy and looks well cared for and relaxed!”- Rick